Thursday, May 3, 2012

What's Funny...


It’s been an interesting first month in Lame Deer, and I’ve learned a lot. The most important thing I’ve been working on is my sense of humor. My mantra has become “remember, this will be funny one day,” and I’m getting much better at keeping this in mind.

So this week, here is a list of things that are funny:

1.       My home phone only works when it is less than 50 degrees outside

2.       My snuggie is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I take back anything I ever said against snuggies

3.       I’m growing thyme in a salt shaker

4.       My oven is my main source of heat at home

5.       “Delight in the Lord” is written on my bathroom mirror and I can’t get it off

6.       People “park” their horses in parking spaces and at the gas station

  7.       I started a garden at the Boys & Girls Club after being here for only three weeks
 
   8.       I’ve named my trailer ‘the Hatch’ (in reference to the TV show ‘LOST’)

   9.       The Lame Deer Hardware store is also the movie rental place

  10.   Thanks to wonderful people thinking of me back home, I have more dark chocolate and Oregon coffee in my cupboard than any other type of food

  11.   My favorite part of the weekend is listening to ‘Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me’ while  doing a puzzle

12.   I am trying to figure out where to plant a hops vine at the Club

13.   My office desk is named the “time-out corner”

14.   I can play my guitar as loud as I want in the Hatch (which is way louder than I anticipated wanting to)

15.   Now that I have no access to it, I crave pop music

16.   A 200 mile round-trip drive made with joy to my favorite coffee shop in Miles City on the weekend 

17.   Upcoming TB vaccinations? 


18.   There are going to be 3 other volunteers living in the Hatch with me this summer.

19.   ‘Tub Thumping’ by Chumbawumba is my theme song (“I get knocked down/but I get up again/you’re never gonna keep me down)

20.   Time goes way faster here than in Forsyth

2 comments:

  1. o lord. What do you need/want from SD? I can definitely put a box together for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need anything except a sympathetic ear when I manage to call you! Getting letters is pretty exciting though too.

    ReplyDelete